Thursday, September 16, 2010

Getting Nervous

So this is my first post and I was wondering, what I should write about? My sister has just started a major journey and I feel much less stable then I did coming out of high school. Back then, I knew I wanted to become an actress, I wanted to perform and sing and dance, but now nerves are catching up to me and I find myself relegating myself to work behind the scenes. There's nothing wrong with that of course, but even that has me nervous. 

Anept-het
As I count down the days until, the end of the week, the end of the month, the end of the semester, the end of the school year, the end of my college career (I'm praying it is!) people keep asking me, what exactly do you want to do with a degree in film in Washington DC? It's a good question, and I answer, "I would like to start off getting a job with a small production company if I could. Anything will do, I'd learn on the job". But the farther I get, the more I realize I don't know, and I wonder if I have the drive it takes to keep up with this fast paced industry. I keep feeling the longing to travel and have kids poking at me and I have to keep reminding myself, can't do that yet... and it makes me nervous. The film program at my school is SO broad, I don't know if I want to become a writer or a director, or a cinematographer, or a producer or what. I love to create stories, but am I capable of simply selling a script I spent years on and walk away? I feel like I'm too indecisive to become a director. Where do I go from here? I'm getting nervous...

Generally, my posts to this blog will focus on me as an aspiring filmmaker. What I've been learning and what I'm working on. What I do well and what I need to work on. Film related stuff. Also, random things that peek my interest, like whatever else I learn in this school till I finally get my diploma and say LATER BITCHEZ to these people. 


Posted by Anept-het

1 comment:

  1. Hun, don't be nervous! Be motivated! When I left HU, I watched everyone around me planning for grad school, getting sign on bonuses from Fortune 500 companies and all types of impressive nonsense! Needless to say, I look at some of these same people and they are miserable now! No direction and unfortunately no hope. When you are nervous there is a spirit of exploration and openness that you just can't have being stuck on one thing. So I want you to do it all, experience it all and never turn down a chance to learn something new. I have done more in three years than I ever thought and it's all because I left my path open for newness and exploration! Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete