Friday, September 10, 2010

Moving On ....

I've come to a crossroads in my life ... Shit happens, life hurts, but you can let it consume you or learn from it and move on. I'm moving on ....

                       TWENTY FIVE

This photo does not belong to me. It is the sole property of its creator.
25 years have come to pass, my life is like this shattered glass.
So many pieces, I feel so broken. So many words I've left unspoken.

I give my all - time and again; but apparently I’m just the ‘FRIEND’.
I'm sick to death of all of it, I’m sick feeling used.
I’m sick of people not understanding that strong girls have feelings too.
I'm sick of being sick. I'm sick of being tired.
I'm sick and tired of the loneliness and worrying about tomorrow. 
Don’t shower me with compliments, I’ve heard them all before.
Don’t treat me like a piece of crap, then tell me I’m worth more.
Don’t tell me that you love me or allude to it in vein.
Don’t act as if we never happened, like shit is still the same.

25 years have come to pass, my life is like this shattered glass.
So many pieces, I feel so broken. So many words I’ve left unspoken.

I toss and turn, my heart is pounding, fighting back tears to keep from drowning.
I shut my eyes and I hold my breath, I even try to pray.
But my mind is wracked, my body numb, God make it go away …
I finally thought I’d found it, but what I couldn’t see
Is the dream that I was chasing, was never meant for me.
I was reaching for a star, I was searching for my place
I blinked for just a second and the Earth beneath gave way.
It wasn’t real, it never was, my heart is aching and all because
I needed something, I wanted more, I yearned for something I didn’t have before.
So fuck the crying, to hell with fear, I’m sick of drowning in my tears.
No more second, I come first, no more justifying - my own goddamn worth.

25 years have come to pass, my life is like this shattered glass.
So many pieces, I feel so broken. So many words remain unspoken.


2 comments:

  1. Awesome poem and it moved me...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt every ounce of your emotions in this. I often look back on my poems like this and reread them after the storm has passed. You will always be worth more than drowning in your tears and trust me, this too shall pass. Love ya hun!

    ReplyDelete